Sunday, March 7, 2021

Don't let anger control your life. Hate is heavy, LET IT GO

Some Melody Beattie, some ME. 


 My past relationships, the men I was with were tyrant. Their anger controlled most of my moves. When they got angry, they exploded in rage. Things got broken, and they carried on as if nothing happened. The rage terrified me. 

I've never done well with anger. It brings me emotional flashbacks not only of other but of the rage i've had within myself. I spent a great deal of my life walking on eggshells. I committed to men that I allowed to completely control me by the mere threat of his rage. 

Whether we call them rageaholics, tyrants, bullies, assholes, or whatever foul words we may have in our minds when we think about these people; a lot of people in our world get their way by being mean. We may find ourselves instinctively walking on eggshells around these people, praying to God we don't set them off. 

Anger is a powerful emotion. But we don't have to let anybody else's rage take control of our lives. If somebody you know or love is a bully or tyrant, don't take it our on yourself. Trust me, I'm my own worst critic. No one is harder on me than ME. I take things personally that I shouldn't and I always assume it's my fault. But when you begin to heal, you redirect these feelings in a healthy manner and realize you are accountable for some things, but many things are not your fault. This is learned, unhealthy behavior that you picked up from abuse. 

Stop walking on eggshells and letting heir rage control your every step. Instead of taking on their problem, try something different. Step out of your comfort zone. What you've been doing isn't working for you so it's time to change. Stand up for yourself. 

How do you deal with anger? Does somebody in your life use anger as a way of controlling you? It may be time to let go of your fear of setting people off. Don't poke the bear. Pick your battles. Let it go. 

If you are in a dangerous situation, then by all means, get out, If you are just allowing yourself to be controlled by the fear of an emotional outburst, then learn to say WHATEVER when someone spouts off. Don't give them the satisfaction of a reaction to their toxic behavior. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Moon in Gemini - May 30th, 2022

       The New Moon May 2022 comes in Gemini season and brings with it the type of energy that's all about change. Transformation is ne...