Friday, February 19, 2021

Remember how to play

 We dont stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing. - Hebert Spencer

My hanai auntie Bennita(Hanai means "out of respect, not blood", used to pick me up from preschool and ask me, "Natalie, how come you ared SO dirty and the other kids are not?" 

I replied , " Because the other kids don't know how to play!" with a giggle. 

My nickname as a child was Happily Natalie. My step dad, Danny called me Boogie because I was always dancing and goofing around and climbing trees and swimming until my blonde hair was yellow from the pool or my skin was covered in salt from the ocean. Our neighbor Paul, one of the neighborhood dads, once said, "Natalie doesn't walk, she positively frolics." I used to spin around in circles until i was dizzy. I jumped off clifs into the ocean and rolled down grass hills in a sleeping bag and fruit booted down huge hills in California. (Fruit booting = rollerblading. I ran across the highway to go explore the pinneapple fields. 

This was before trauma sucked the life out of me. I forgo who i was and molded myself into who everyone else wanted me to be. 

We can play or we can not  play. It doesn't make any difference on e way or another, except that at the end, you will have had a much more enjoyable time if you did. 

Start having some fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Moon in Gemini - May 30th, 2022

       The New Moon May 2022 comes in Gemini season and brings with it the type of energy that's all about change. Transformation is ne...